Power Level Guide Part 3
This article is the conclusion to my three part Lords Mobile players guide on how to free-play-power-level to Castle level 25 in less than 3 months.
Part 1 – Explained how to position and setup your turf in a new kingdom.
Part 2 – Looked at troops, traps, resources, leader build and research.
This final part looks at the protection you need to take against player attacks and how to earn free speed ups.
Step 10 – Leader Protection
Losing your leader is probably the most damaging thing that can happen to your account. It significantly reduces your building and research upgrade speeds, which slows your progress to Castle level 25 down considerably.
The simple way to protect your leader is to send him to your shelter on a 12 hour timer. You will need at least one troop to do this and I suggest sending a single tier 1 troop each time you send your leader to the shelter.
You need to log in at least twice a day in order to keep your leader in the shelter 24/7.
There will probably be times when you forget to do this and will inevitably lose your leader to another player. If the ransom is low it may be worth paying. Otherwise just wait it out until your leader is released, or executed. If the later happens then purchase a revial fruit from the guild shop.
During the time your leader is captured, try to choose low research and build timers. This is because you never know when your leader will be released. You will be kicking yourself if you just started a 5 day timer and your leader is released shortly after, possibly shaving days off your construction and research timers!
Step 11 – Guild Helps
Once you have a decent stock pile of resources from step 7 of this guide, you will find the biggest constraint on leveling is time. Reducing those lengthy build timers plays a vital role in our journey to Castle 25.
Before upgrading each building you should make sure your leader is wearing all your best construction speed equipment to get the maximum time reduction. After you hit upgrade the next thing to do is wait until you have received all your guild helps.
It is very important to wait for your helps before using a single speed up to optimize your build times. This is because a guild help reduces the remaining timer by 1% for each help. Therefore if you use speed ups first, your guild helps will provide much smaller time reductions.
Once all your helps have been received you are free to use speedups to get those timers down further.
Step 12 – Speed Ups
A lot of speed ups are needed in order to get to castle 25 within 3 months. We need to look at some of the best free methods of gaining speedups in Lords Mobile below.
- Hero stages – Always complete your full entitlement of hero stages every day. Each stage usually rewards you with either a 5 minute or 10 minute speed up, which adds up significantly over time.
- Attack Monsters – Attacking monsters on the map with your heroes often rewards speedups. The higher the level monster, the more chance of longer speed ups. Level 3 monsters should be achievable through research without too much investment in the monster hunter tree.
- Cargo Ship – look for normal 2 and 3 star speed up rewards in the cargo ship. Remember that research speed ups can’t be applied to building upgrades.
- Guild Gifts – these should supply you with at least one, or two speed ups a day. If not move guilds.
- Guild Shop – Only purchase 3 hour speedups in the guild shop as they offer the best value per guild coin.
- VIP – Do not waste speedups by taking your timer below the auto complete timer, determined by your VIP level.
- Gems – It’s not generally a good idea to spend gems on speedups on a free to play account. They are very expensive and you are better using gems to upgrade your Treasure Trove.
If you follow all the steps in this power level guide you should be able to easily get to Castle 25 within 3 months, without purchasing any gems. This is a completely self sufficient method that doesn’t rely on alt accounts, your guild, or even defending yourself with troops.
Once you have everything setup and your whole turf unlocked, you should be able to login two, or three times a day to do the following:-
- Shelter your leader.
- Use your STA to auto complete hero stages.
- Check your Cargo Ship deals.
- Start/speedup building upgrades.
- Use up your hero energy on monster attacks.
- Collect guild gifts/helps.
Let me know how you get on, or if you have any questions in the comments section.